Saturday, July 6, 2024

Harry's Bears

 Harry's daughter in law asked me to make 4 bears for her husband and family members. I was given four men's shirts.  I love when the article of clothing is worn or stained in some way. I know that sounds odd, but it tells me a little bit about the person I'm working for. It also makes me think the loved one receiving the bear may have a special memory that caused that article of clothing to be worn in that way. 

I don't know much about Harry, but I could tell by his shirts, that he was a hard worker. One shirt had paint splatters all over it and was thread bare in places.  I think it was his favorite painting shirt. I love that.  The other shirts were beautiful flannel shirts and worn in places as well.  

These four bears were such a joy to make. I hope they help the family with their grief. 




No comments:

Post a Comment