Saturday, November 17, 2018

Scrap Obsession Quilt

I'm so excited!  I finished a scrap quilt today! I've been working on this one for a long time. I called it Scrap Obsession. I wanted this to be a nice Leader/Ender project to work on while I'm sewing other things. Until I became obsessed with it.  I couldn't wait to get to work on it. I thought I'd use up a good bit of my scraps but there are still a big bunch in my bin. Oh well, another quilt or two for another day!



This quilt is made up on 3 1/2" x  2 little bricks from odd cuts of fabric from my scrap bin.  I found the pattern from the youtube channel Sew Very Easy with Laura Ann Coia. It was so much fun to sew!

I am trying not to buy fabric and so I dug around in my stash and found the perfect border and binding!


.


I freemotion quilted it with a gold thread on my Juki. I thought the thread color would pop more than it does, but I love how subtle it turned out. It measures 91.5" long by 65" wide. It's a big one!

Some of the fabrics I used are from a friend's Mom who is quilting rockstar and legend. Lynn is an amazing quilter and designed some of the quilting tools/notions we use today. Lynn has alzheimers/dementia and doesn't sew as much as she once did.

I will always think of Lynn when I use this quilt.

4 comments:

  1. Tammy, I remember Lynn when she was here in ABQ and also the little shop in Chama, NM, up north. She was a rock star, and as I've been cleaning up my sewing room, have found some of her patterns and I just bought a new "Little Foot" a couple of weeks ago for my white Featherweight. We lost my Mom to Alzheimer's, and I'm sorry to hear about Lynn. My thoughts and prayers for your friend, I know that pain all too well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom. I'm so glad you know Lynn. She is a very sweet lady. She would stop her own sewing to take the time to show me how to use her patterns when I was in the shop. I miss seeing her there.
      Thank you for commented on my little blog. It means so much that you did.

      Delete
  2. Hello from Stashbusters! I like your scrappy quilt very much -- the same-sized units tame the cheerful chaos of all the prints. Lynn Graves? I've seen her ads for so many years. I won a Purple Thang last year and don't know how I put off acquiring one for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Nann! Thank you for reading and commenting on my little blog! Yes, you have the correct Lynn. Isn't she the most amazing and sweetest person? Aren't the Purple Thangs the neatest?

    ReplyDelete