Sunday, May 5, 2024

Heather's Bears

  Heather's sweet niece asked me to make two bears. One for her grandmother and one for herself.  In a brief conversation with her niece, Heather was a special person who was very loved and admired by her family.

 Heather's bears were made from a very soft robe and night gown and a T-shirt.  Heather's niece asked if I could embroider on the feet and the front of the tummy. I asked my good friend Cyndi Jo to do the embroidery work. She did a beautiful job. Her work really adds to the bears. 

I try to use as much of the clothing as possible. I used a piece of lace from the neckline and placed it around the neckline of each bear. I also used the straps of the nightgown to make a bow above the ear on the bears. The clothing label was added to the back of each bear as well. 

The fabric used for the nightgown and robe was so very soft. It made each bear so soft and huggable. I hope they help Heather's family with their grief.  I always say how honored I am to make bears for people.  I truly mean it.  I am always so touched families trust me with their loved ones clothing.







No comments:

Post a Comment