Monday, November 13, 2023

Edna Mae and Lou's Bears and Pillow

 Edna Mae and Lou's granddaughter requested I make bears and a memory pillow for her family. I had previously made bears and a memory pillow for her. It's so hard that she lost all four grandparents in such a short time.  

Three of the bears are made from a woman's T-shirt like knit top. They were a small size so I had to use a contrasting color for their faces. I am really happy with the result. 

One bear is made from a Steeler men's T-shirt with the Steeler logo in the middle. I thought and thought about how to utilize the logo the best way possible without cutting it up too much. So I put it on the arms. It really pulled this little bear together with the gold in his face and the Steeler's logo on the arms. 



               All four of the bears together. I love posing them with their arms around each other. It's funny that sometimes one bear goes rouge and doesn't want to put it's arm around the other bears. 

Here is the memory pillow I made from Danelle's grandfather's T-shirt.  I was really happy with how it turned out. 


This is the back of the pillow. I really try to use as much of the clothing as I possibly can. The back of the pillow is the back of the Tshirt. I even use the bottom seam of the shirt as the bottom of the envelope backing. This pillow was so soft and fluffy. I hope it gives comfort to the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment