Monday, November 13, 2023

Donations for an assisted living facility.

 I enjoy the challenge of making bears from different types of fabrics or medium. I had all these different fabrics on hand and thought it would be nice to make them and give them to the assisted living facility where my mom lived for 8 months before she passed away. This grouping took me several months to finish. 

The brown striped bear and pink herring bone bear are made from very soft fleece. Two brown bears are made from pre quilted fabric. The bear 2nd from the right is made from a cable knit sweater. I had always wanted to make a sweater bear and really enjoyed making him. The bear on the far right with the blue ribbon is made from a very soft, thicker fabric. I'm not sure what the name of the fabric is, but it is thick! I had a bit of a struggle sewing him because the fabric was so thick. 

 I started putting eyebrows on bears with my embroidery bear. I love how it gives each bear a bit more of a personality. From now on each of my bears will have eyebrows.  I have also started giving each bear a bellybutton as well. I think it adds a kind a cuteness to them. 

I hope this group of bears will give comfort to some of the residents. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment