Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Sharp Dressed Bear

Can you hear the ZZ Top song Sharp Dressed Man?  That is the song I think of when I think of this bear. He is a sharp dressed bear made from a stunning gray men's suit jacket.

I had never made a bear from a man's suit jacket before. I find it fascinating to deconstruct each new article of clothing for each bear I make.

 The suit jacket had little hidden details that were fabulous. I tried to use as much of the little details as possible. This jacket had two different fabrics for lining. The lining of the body and back of the suit was a beautiful gray paisley. The lining of the sleeves was a crisp white with a stripe.  I used the sleeve lining for the ears and soles of the bear's feet. And I made a vest from the body and back lining. I am so happy how he turned out. 

This bear was made for my friend who is a counselor.  Every now and then she requests a bear for one of her clients. Because of privacy laws, I never know anything about the person whose clothing I am using or the recipient of the bear. I am thankful this bear recipient trusted me to cut up their loved one's suit to make a bear. I hope this little guy gives them comfort. 





No comments:

Post a Comment