Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Jerry's Bears

The bears I have made from Jerry's dress shirts were for a dear friend of mine's dad. This is the first time I have made bears for someone I knew. It was hard. Jerry passed away over a year ago. My friend wanted to have bears to give to her children/grandchildren as well and siblings. To me this shows what an awesome Dad/person Jerry was. He will always hold a special place in my heart. Every time I saw him, he always had a smile and loved to talk with you. He was a very special person and is greatly missed. 

I made 8 bears from Jerry's dress shirts for my friend. I have said it before, but it still holds true. Each bear is made from the same pattern, but each one has a different personality. When I line them up to take their pictures, their personalities seem to come out.  Some didn't want to cooperate and wouldn't want to put their arm around the next bear. Or they would lean out away from the others as if to say, 'look at me!' I'm glad I was able to wrangle them sitting together for this picture.

Each bear was made from a different dress shirt. My friend wanted each one to have a belly button and a patch on their little bums. Six patches said, "I'll Always Love You, Love Pap" and two patches said, 'I'll Always Love You, Love Dad."  





I'd like to thank Jerry's daughter and my friend for the privilege of making these cuties. 
I hope they bring comfort to each person who receives them.

No comments:

Post a Comment