Friday, May 10, 2019

Paint Chip



I have gotten behind in posting my recent quilt finishes so here is one I finished in February. 
This quilt pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt Company. It's called Stack and Flip. As soon as I saw the video, I knew I had to use my Gradations jelly roll by Benartex. I fell in love with the fabric but didn't have any ideas of what quilt to make with it until the Missouri Star pattern came about.  I quilted it on the longarm at the shop I work at and used a flower pattern. I love how happy it is. 







The back is just as pretty as the front.  I was so excited to find the strips of graduating colors  in my scrap bin they just had to be  used in this quilt somehow!  It was a happy accident that they are horizontal. I intended them to vertical on the back, but I put it on the quilt machine frame wrong and viola'!  A happy accident!  
Lately I have involved my husband in the process of  my quilting. This one his contribution is the name. He thought it looked like a paint chip book. So it's name is Paint Chip.

No comments:

Post a Comment